28.12.05

A Tale from the Vaults of Hope

Actually, it's more like a file cabinet than even one vault, and I haven't even nearly filled one drawer yet. But it's slowly filling up with files and case studies. As a case in point:
My mother's youngest sister, who is my older brother's age, has an expanding brood. Sarah, Jenna, and Quinn. She and the husband took the children on the Polar Express, which I gather to be some type of magical family-type trainride through the White Mountains that ends in an artificial Christmas-type village. So they took the kids on this ride.
The next day, Sarah... well. After they watched some Star Wars movie last year, her small brother was eating Cheerios and began throwing them around. Sarah, at six, said to her sister O no! He's gone over to the Dark Side. So this year, after this trip, she asked her mother if they could talk in private. So she got my aunt In Private and said Mommy, I know that wasn't really the North Pole, because we would have had to cross over water. We have here a sevenyearold with the geographical savvy to know, and the consideration not to wreck her younger siblings' illusions.
It would appear that my family, besides the aforementioned Wunderkinder, bear some share of the light. I am itchy, in both heart and loin, to begin my own contribution to the work of improving the world by one remarkable family at a time. But my luciferian seed isn't very well sowing itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home